Here’s a list of frequently asked questions to save time. If you cannot find the answer to your question, please contact us at 800-460-3525 for U.S. and 724-602-5223 internationally or visit our video tutorials available at our “Support” page.
Question: I had a system from Dolphin and another from Memosys and they have crashed. Can your system replace these systems?
Answer Yes, easily and then some. Our software and systems perform over 150 functions for operating businesses with time management and/or POS needs like pool rooms with bars and restaurants. Owners and managers worldwide recognize our advanced technology and are partnering with us to replace old out-of-date systems like Dolphin, Memosys, Time Magic, Pool House Manager, and Micrologic.
Question: How do I install on Windows 7/Vista/Windows 8/ or up to Windows 10?
Answer Instructions for installation on Windows 7/Vista/Windows 8/Windows 10:
To install Billiard Business Solutions and Sales Tracker on Windows 7/Vista/Windows 8 please follow the instructions carefully when prompted by the installer.
1. Run the BBSSetup.exe file provided for the installation of the program. In the menu called Other choose Explore Installation Folder.
2. Find the ahscript_setup.exe file. Right click on the file and set it to run in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode. If using Windows 7, this may be under just compatibility mode. In Windows 7/8 you should be able to see a check box allowing the program to run as Administrator. Make sure that this box is checked. Right click on the file again after doing this and choose to run the file as Administrator. Or just click open in Windows 7/8, if you have checked the box to run as Administrator.
3. This file must be installed first before installing the the main program.
4. Also, follow the same procedure for installing the Microsoft Data Access Components. Find the MDAC_TYP.exe file in the same folder setting the file to XP Compatibility mode and then running it as Administrator. Or make sure to check the box to enable it to run as Administrator in Windows 7/8.
5. In the installer you should see a menu called Other. Click on that menu and choose the option to Update Billiard Business Solutions. This should install the main program.
6. If you still see error messages when running the Billiards program, restart the computer and rerun the BBSSetup.exe program. Choose the Other menu and then the Update Billiard Business Solutions menu. Please call (724-602-5223) for help, if you have problems. Will be glad to walk you through the installation.
Question: Can I add sales to a table?
Question: Do I have to order a copy of the software for each machine that I operate in my business?
Question: Is the demo limited in any way?
Question: What happens if I allow the demo to run out.
Answer: Your computer blows up. Not, not really. The programs simply will ask you if you’d like to register when you open them. To order, phone us or follow the registration links.
Question: Do I need any special hardware?
Answer: You’ll need either an All-in-One POS station, or one of our POS stations, or a self made POS station. If making a self made station, you’ll need a computer, a POS printer, a cash drawer, and light controls if you plan on using them.
Question: How do I install the automatic light controls?
Answer: The light controls are simple to install. The most important issue is that the controller and the light controls outlets are on the same phase. Click here for lighting diagram 1, lighting diagram 2, and circuit breaker box diagram 3.
Question: Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the program to have a real version if I installed the demo version?
Answer: No, simply enter the registration code and your program will be activated without uninstalling.
Question: Do I have to install both programs?
Answer: No, you can install either or both.
Question: Can I return hardware or software?
Answer: All software is non-refundable and non-returnable, including software sold with systems. All hardware is subject to a restocking fee of 30-40%. All hardware must be returned within 20 days of purchase.
Question: Do you offer any type of training?
Answer: Yes, we offer video tutorials.
Question: Does the software operate with touch screen?
Question: Can I switch computers?
Answer: Yes, but you will need to purchase the Silver Support Package, here.
Question: Does the software process credit cards?
Answer: Yes. We have partnered with the top 6 credit card processors in the world to secure a deal to offer our users the lowest rate on processing. If you want to know how we do this, ask one of our representatives at 800-460-3525 in the U.S. and 724-602-5223 internationally.
Question: I’m trying to install on an XP computer running Service Pack 3 (SP3) and I get an error saying that the MSVBVM60.dll is missing. What do I do?
Answer: Simple. Go to Microsoft web site and download the file. There are simple instructions on that page but basically download it to a folder and run the program. Afterwards, try to install BBS and all will be fine. If the file is not available, please download it from our web site, here.